Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

UpNorth

Aaaaahhhh....

That's not a scream, but a relaxing "aaahhh".  Which is the perfect way to summarize last weekend.  The Boyfriend and I took his boys "up north" to a cabin one of his coworkers graciously offered us.  It was wonderful to get some relaxation in a wonderfully fall-y setting, and with 2 delicious little boys (ages 4 and 7) who have made me remember how to make believe again.  

While the boys and The Boyfriend were off riding the 4-wheeler, I took a little walk in the woods which became a mini-mushroom hunt of sorts.  When I was a little girl, I used to imagine magical creatures living in mushrooms.  I was delighted to find myself in the middle of a mushroom metropolis- complete with penthouse lofts, 3-bedroom colonials, and low-income housing (for those magical creatures struggling with the economy).





I became completely worry-free for 2.5 days.  UpNorth-Me's only worry in the world was trying not to get captured by Zuko, and helping Aang and Momo defend against the evil Fire Nation (The Last Airbender is very popular with the boys these days). 

Granted, I did get identity whiplash from being switched around from Katara (good) to Azula (evil) every couple of seconds, but I always had the boys to remind me of who I was, and what I was doing.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment