Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Freshness


Hello there! 


One of the things I enjoy the most during the summer and fall is the bounty of fresh produce that we get in Michigan.  There are so many farm stands all around and it's wonderful to stop in and pick up some fresh sweet corn, some crispy kale, gigantic zucchini, a wonderful assortment of berries and cherries, crisp apples, or the sweetest peaches you can imagine. It is delightful to know that any given day I can get my produce locally grown and so fresh! 




The Boyfriend and I have been diligently working on painting the dining room/kitchen and we're almost done.  We're exactly three beers and some Thai takeout away from finishing, and it's exciting to see that the end of Crazy Home Makeover Week is thisclose.  It's been wonderful so far, though.  We work well together and I'm enjoying helping make his home a little more welcoming and cozy.


In more upbeat news, I've been stealing tiny bits of time here and there to work on the prints and I am happy to report that I have a total of 7 prints ready.  This means that I'm almost to my self-imposed goal of 8 prints, which in turn means that I'll be in business in no time... somewhere around 5 grande caffe americanos, 2 Red Bulls, and 4 Diet Cokes.  


And yes, around here we measure time in food and drink sometimes.


I can't believe I started Swell Papel only 2 weeks ago (approximately 1 bottle of wine, 4 Diet Cokes, 70 oz of french pressed coffee, 6 cereal bars, one yogurt, 2 bags of popcorn, and a tuna sandwich ago).  


Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment