Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ready Inspiration

I woke up with a nice burst of energy that I hope lasts through the day.  I am expecting the delivery of my drawing software (Adobe Illustrator) today and I intend to spend a good part of the day going through tutorials online and reacquainting myself with it.


I also need to figure out what kind of accounting system I'm going to use.  I'm dreading this because I  am not exactly literate on accounting practices, so it's something I'm going to have to research and learn as I go.  I realize the importance of having this set up right away and I'm willing to do the leg work because I do want this to be a functioning business and not just a hobby.


Of course, I also have to sketch some more.  After all, there can be no business without anything to sell!  So, in order to get some of those creative juices flowing, I took the time to take some pictures of things I have in my little apartment that inspire me every day.




I LOVE the "Keep Calm and Carry On" design.  I have a full size poster framed by the door too.  This little book is full of inspirational quotes about, well... how to keep calm and carry on!  I love it!  Next to it is a spray painted, crumbled piece of paper.  I used it on a project I was working on  (to keep the floor from getting spray painted silver) and I just couldn't throw it away. I love all the facets and shadows that it creates.  I also have a couple of framed pictures- the smiley people are my lovely parents and the other one is of a painting I made with gouache.  And in the very back are two vases from Ikea and a little geometric thingamagig I found at CB2.  I heart all these little things.




This is a painting I made that's the focal point in my living room.  I finished it before getting my own place and when I was planning my apartment, this served as my main inspiration.  It's the reason I have a green couch!


It's going to be a busy day today!  Better get to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment